If you are a foreigner and entered Colombian territory by land, river or sea, local authorities require you to update your migratory status before boarding any domestic flight. Please be sure to have the immigration stamp on your passport or ‘Tarjeta Andina’ before your flight. If you have not regularized your status, please contact Migración Colombia at their offices or border control stands.
- Infants -between 10 days and 24 months-, will not occupy a seat. Must present birth certificate.
- Children (minors between 24 months plus one (1) day and 12 years) must present identity card or birth certificate. Must travel in the company of a person over sixteen (16) years of age. If they travel with an adult other than the parents or legal guardian, they must present a travel permit, which indicates the travel dates, route and name of the person accompanying the minor with a copy of the document of the person who signs.
- Adolescents (minors aged between 12 years plus 1 day and 17 years) are allowed to travel alone by presenting their document of identification.
- Adults: over 18 years of age -including foreign passengers- may travel with their ID card or passport.
- If you lose your document, you may travel with police report or the valid document of identification issued by the National Civil Registry.
- Documents must be presented in its original form, not copy allow.
If you are traveling to Antioquia (Dabeiba, Mutatá, Turbo y Yondó), Magdalena (Santa Marta) you have to present the carnet that certifies the yellow fever vaccination. Click to check more information
Important information for tourists traveling to San Andres
- Tourists traveling to San Andrés Island must purchase the tourist card at the service module of the boarding lounge the day of the flight. The value is $124.000 Colombian pesos and must be paid in cash. The above price may change without prior notice. All tourists must buy the tourist card, unless they stay less than 24 hours on the island or except for children under 7 years.
- A support of the hotel reservation or the address where they will stay during the visit must be submitted. All Viva clients who are not San Andres residents must buy a roundtrip ticket. Residents of the island will be able to buy single tickets.